Human Resources Generalist - Courtyard by Marriott at Allen Event Center
June 4, 2021
The primary purpose of the Human Resources Generalist is to support the responsibilities of the HR office and assist Associates with matters as needed in accordance to the established policies, guidelines, and SOPs. Cascade Atrium HR initiatives to management and associates while promoting Atrium company culture and core values.
The Human Resource Generalist will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- Help to facilitate an orderly and efficient HR office environment that provides timely, courteous and professional support to Associates, guests andcandidates;
Support the talent acquisition process in accordance with the established guidelines;
- Post positions, screen hourly candidates, schedule interviews, and process offer and post-offer;
- Complete management reference checks;
- Have knowledge of and obtain user permissions to market opportunities on social media
(Indeed, Circa, Linked In, Facebook, and others);
- Assist with candidate outreach to include job fairs;
- Ensure interview screening and note taking templates are being utilized and stored as per Atrium’s
Record Retention SOP
Maintain thorough employment records and compliance requirements by administration through Workday;
- Administer pre-hire checks, on-board new hires, submit terminations, and initiate administrative changes
- Leverage and advocate use of the Workday Feedback platform along with other communication and recognition tools
- Manage the hourly performance evaluation cycle
- Facilitate new hire orientation
- Brand training presentation and compliance tracking
Life Safety and Worker’s Compensation
Partner with GM and leadership team to:
- Monitor and track monthly / yearly safety topics and re-certifications
- Ensure OSHA log compliance
- Ensure safety posters and communication are updated and visible as per Atrium guidelines
- Promote the Shoe for Crews program
- Track Alcohol Training, Food Handlers, Serv Safe, and CPR
Property contact for Associate concerns/questions regarding all Associates’ benefits;
- In coordination with Area HRD, administer the property leave management for the assigned property to include required communications, and return to work accommodations
- Conduct quarterly benefit meetings to communicate and promote benefit and welfare programs and
NotifyHuman Resources Directorand/or General Managerpromptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters ofsignificance;
- Relay associate concerns to ADHR and assist with investigations as needed
- Administrate Voice of the Associate. Assist with the documentation of department action plans and
assist with follow up items
Facilitate integration of human resources programs, policies, and procedures and their dissemination through presentations, meetings, and other deliverymethods;?
- Manage initial unemployment claims via the company designated partner
- In partnership with the General Manager or operations team, coordinateemployee recognition programsandactivities per Atrium guidelines
- Create and maintain personnel and other associate files as designated by Atrium
- Administer the exit interview process
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents,injuriesand unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications;
Any and allother work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Required Prior Experience:
2+ yearsHuman Resources or Administrative/officeexperience
2 years prior customer service experience
Preferred Prior Experience:
2 years hospitality industry experience
2 years prior recruiting experience
Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience and education
Preferred Licenses/ Certification:
HR professional certification completed or in process?
Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel,PowerPoint;
8+ hours at a desk/computer
Ability to traverse the property
Preferred Bilingual (based on market specific need)
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k;tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends.Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos
210 East Stacy Rd
Allen, TX 75002
Atrium Hospitality is now one of the largest hotel management companiesin the United States and we're still growing.As a result of our growth, we are always looking for great talent to join our organization. As owners and managers, we are responsible for the positive experiences of our guests and associates, and we strive to bring to life a culture that promotes the five simple values that drive our business:
Perseverance:We will be better today than we were yesterday.
Respect:We treat others the way we would like to be treated.
Inclusion: We are committed to the equitable treatment of all associates as well as equal access to opportunities and resources for all, at every level of the organization.
Service:We deliver the best guest experience possible. We are a home away from home for our guests, and we are charged with making them feel safe and welcome.
Teamwork:Our associates are our family, and we provide them the resources and support needed to produce the best work environment possible.
In addition to our core values, we believe that being a responsible community partner is a defining characteristic of the Atrium Hospitality culture, including supporting a range of civic and community activities.We pride ourselves on four impactful pillars that support our associates, our communities and our future:Wellness, Embracing those with Disabilities, Sustainability, and Education. When a candidate makes the decision to join Atrium Hospitality, they are entrusting the very engaged and invested leaders of this great organization to support, encourage, coach, develop and inspire excellence in them.This leadership responsibility is a critical one, accepted with the pride and gravity it deserves. We recognize that when we do this well, we reap the rewards of a productive and engaged team; it is key to the success of Atrium Hospitality. The voices and opinions of our associates truly matter. We encourage, welcome, expect and act upon their input to help us make decisions that are in the best interest of our teams and the continued growth and sustainability of the organization.
Come grow with us!